Call For A Free Initial Consultation
(404) 522-7553

Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Attorney

Close to 5,000 pedestrians are injured each year in the US. That works out to almost 12 every single day. And in the metro Atlanta area, things are even worse for pedestrians. A recent report by the National Complete Streets Coalition ranked the metro Atlanta/Sandy Springs/ Marietta region #8 for fatalities on a nationwide Pedestrian Danger Index.

Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents

Pedestrian CrosswalkEach day, innocent pedestrians are injured due to the carelessness of others, especially drivers of cars, trucks, and SUVs. There are many causes of these accidents and some of the most common include:

  • Distracted Driving: Several drivers become distracted with activities such as using their cell phone, reading, applying makeup, or other tasks that can result in drivers putting less than their full attention to the road.
  • Excessive Speed: Drivers who disobey the speed limit or drive too fast in heavy traffic or severe weather conditions can cause many pedestrian accidents. When a driver is going 20 mph, there is just a 10% chance of a pedestrian fatality. However, at 40 mph, the likelihood of a pedestrian fatality increases to 90%.
  • Failure to Follow Traffic Signals: Drivers who are rushing or simply not paying attention can run red lights or stop signs while pedestrians are trying to cross the street. Almost 24% of pedestrian accidents occur at intersections.
  • Poorly Designed Roads: If poor roadway design has caused your accident, a governmental entity may be partially liable. Roadway design issues may include lack of traffic signals, overhanging trees, inadequate warning signs, and much more.
  • Failure to Check Behind Automobile: Just about half of all pedestrian accidents involve children between the ages of 1 and 4, especially when an automobile is backing out of the driveway.
  • Drunk Driving: Drivers who are impaired due to drugs or alcohol have a slower response time and reduced judgment. As a result, they do not respond as quickly to pedestrians crossing the street, causing severe injuries or even fatality.
  • Failure to Watch Out for Children: Particularly in school zones, automobiles that do not obey the slower speed limit or heed the flashing red lights on school buses cause accidents.

These are just a few of the causes for pedestrian accidents. If you or someone you know has been severely injured in a pedestrian accident like the ones above, Bruce A. Hagen can help you obtain the compensation you deserve from the negligent party. Bruce and his team work hard for their clients and are dedicated to providing outstanding service as a portion of their goal to be the absolute best personal injury attorneys in all of Georgia.

Injuries as the Result of a Pedestrian Accident

Giving pedestrians the right of way is not an option; it’s the law. But, whether crossing a busy Buckhead street or a local shopping center parking lot, we are far too often put in harm’s way due to the negligence of car and truck drivers.
Injuries to pedestrians often require significant medical and rehabilitative treatment, and result in months or years of time away from work. Serious injuries include:

  • Traumatic brain and head injuries
  • Paraplegia and quadriplegia
  • Broken bones
  • Internal organ injuries

Sadly, many of these accidents are preventable. Drivers routinely speed through intersections, fail to obey traffic lights and signs, or talk and text instead of paying attention to the road. As a result, Georgia pedestrians continue to pay the price. At the offices of Atlanta pedestrian accident lawyer Bruce A. Hagen, we think there is something seriously wrong when municipalities have to put up signs to remind drivers to stop for pedestrians in crosswalks.

Contact Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Bruce A. Hagen

If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in the simple act of walking along or crossing a street, contact the personal injury attorneys at Hagen Law. Our firm is committed to getting you the full settlement you are entitled to under Georgia law. A free, no-obligation consultation with one of our attorneys is all you need to find out the compensation you are owed after a pedestrian accident.

[qa cat=pedestrian-accidents]

Get The Help You Need

Copyright HRE, Attorney At Law | Privacy Policy | TOS

Sitemap | Website Powered By WebTech Marketing

Google Profile