Call For A Free Initial Consultation
(404) 522-7553

Georgia Personal Injury and Wrongful Death FAQs

How do I know if I have a personal injury case?

If you’ve been injured through the fault of someone else’s carelessness or neglect, the chances are likely that you have a personal injury case.

An insurance company has offered me money. Why shouldn’t I just take the money, rather than go through the hassle of a lawsuit?

Insurance companies rarely, if ever, pay a victim who has no legal counsel what is deserved, and medical conditions resulting from an accident can sometimes take months to produce symptoms. If you’ve been injured in an accident due to someone else’s carelessness or negligence, don’t shortchange yourself by settling with an insurance company before you consult a personal injury attorney. At the law office of Hagen and Rosskopf, LLC, we make the legal process as simple as possible for our clients and often, insurance companies greatly improve their offers to accident victims after they discover we are representing them. Many times, our cases are settled very favorably for our clients without ever even going to trial.

How much will it cost to file a case?

At the law office Hagen and Rosskopf, LLC, there is never a fee for a consultation or for filing a lawsuit, unless you receive money. Please note, however, that court costs and other additional expenses of legal action usually must be paid by the client. Contingent fees are not permitted in all types of cases.

What are “contingent fees” or “contingency cases?”

Most cases handled by the law office of Hagen and Rosskopf, LLC are handled on contingency, meaning that we collect fees for our services only when our clients win their lawsuits, or when the cases are settled favorably for our clients out of court.

How much could I win in a case?

Every case is different, but victims of personal injury cases are awarded monetary compensations according to several factors, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain & suffering and emotional distress.

I’m overwhelmed and suffering from what has happened to me. How quickly after my accident do I need to file a lawsuit?

The statute of limitations exists for many types of cases, making it mandatory to file a lawsuit within a certain amount of time following an accident. The sooner you consult an attorney, the better. At the law office of Hagen and Rosskopf, LLC, we know that victims need to devote their energies to healing after an accident. Once you’ve hired us as your legal counsel, you can leave the worries regarding your legal case to us, so you can focus on getting well.

How quickly can I expect my case to be resolved?

Unfortunately, we can’t provide timelines for any case. Although we work swiftly to gather evidence and prepare your case, progress often is delayed by the defense. You can rely on us to keep you informed about your case along the way and be assured that any inquiries you make to our office will be met with a timely response.

The insurance company for the person or business responsible for my injuries is demanding that I sign a medical release form. What should I do?

Do not sign anything for an insurance company until you speak with an attorney at our law office.

What is the first thing I should I do if I’m involved in an automobile or motorcycle accident?

Keep this handy accident checklist in your automobile or in a storage compartment on your motorcycle for quick reference whenever you’re involved in an accident.

A drunk driver has caused me or a family member harm. Can I sue the person who sold or gave alcohol to the driver prior to the accident?

In Georgia, it is possible to collect damages from an establishment or individual that has sold or provided alcohol to a driver who is underage or noticeably intoxicated. Contact us to discuss your claim.

Does each person injured in a car accident caused by a careless driver have the right to file a personal injury claim?

Yes. Personal injury claims may be filed by anyone injured in an accident caused by a careless driver – whether they were in another vehicle or in the same vehicle with the at-fault driver.

I was injured by what I think was a defective product or service. I was offered compensation from the provider of the product or service. Should I take it?

If you think that the injury resulting from what you believe to be a defective product is or could be significant now or in the future, do not take any form of compensation or sign anything from the product or service provider until you consult an attorney.

How do I know if I have a wrongful death case?

If a family member has died as a result of someone’s carelessness, neglect or misconduct, you probably have a wrongful death case.

What determines compensation in a wrongful death case?

Many factors are taken into account when deciding monetary compensation in a wrongful death case. These include, but are not limited to: the deceased’s current earnings, past earnings and earning potential, the life expectancy of the person before death,  whether or not the person had dependants, any medical expenses arising from the incident that ultimately led to the person’s death, and funeral expenses.

Can a wrongful death case be filed when the deceased is a child?

Yes. In the state of Georgia, parents may file a wrongful death claim in the tragic event that their child is killed due to the negligence, carelessness or misconduct of another person.

What is the process involved in a personal injury or wrongful death case?

At the law office of Hagen and Rosskopf, we truly care about our clients and give each case the time and attention it deserves. We’ll sit down with you, speak with you about your case and gather the facts from you. Often, we conduct an investigation, which includes collecting evidence from medical and law enforcement professionals, as well as accident reconstruction experts. Then we go to work, fighting for the compensation you deserve from the individual or institution that caused you harm. Most defendants do not want to go to trial, therefore when it is made known that you are backed by experienced and dedicated legal counsel, a very agreeable out-of-court settlement can be reached. This means that you could be compensated fairly for your damages without ever stepping foot into a courtroom.

Do I have the right to decline a settlement offer?

Yes. We will provide our professional insight, opinion and guidance regarding any settlement offer you receive, but the decision as to whether to accept the offer or go to court ultimately is up to you. We will passionately defend your rights to compensation, whatever you choose to do.

Can I file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against someone who is in jail?

Absolutely. Oftentimes, persons who have been convicted in a criminal trial also are taken to civil court by those seeking compensation for the injuries the criminal misconduct has caused.

Get The Help You Need

Copyright HR Attorney At Law | Privacy Policy | TOS

Sitemap | Website Powered By WT Digital Agency

Google Profile